University of Minnesota Duluth
Private Student Loans
University of Minnesota Duluth
cuStudentLoans is a not-for-profit organization offering private student loans to enrollees enrolled at University of Minnesota Duluth. A financial aid officer at University of Minnesota Duluth can assist you by presenting you with the choices of financial aid available to you, in addition to any private student loans you may be qualified for. Here you can kick off the application process for a private student loan to become a student at University of Minnesota Duluth. University of Minnesota Duluth’s private student loans are accessible to apply for at this location.
Begin your inquiry for a private student loan here.
Main Program Features
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or or up to Cost of Attendance per year. $120,000 lifetime maximum
- Choose between making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment payment towards the loan while in school
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense, including past due tuition bills
- Quick approval once we receive your completed application
- Cosigner release after just 24 consecutive on-time payments
- Zero Origination Fees for all qualified student borrowers
- Competitive Interest Rates
- 1% Interest Rate Reduction once 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the full repayment period
- 30 Day No-Fee Return Policy allows you to cancel the loan if you find a better option
Eligibility & Credit Requirements
- Borrower must be enrolled in an eligible school and pursuing a degree program
- Borrower must be a member or join a federal credit union during the online application process
- Borrower must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Students are encouraged to apply with a creditworthy cosigner for a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate
Additional Information About Private Loans for Students Attending University of Minnesota Duluth
A private student loan is a loan provided by a financial institution to assist students to pay for their educational expenses as soon as all other financial aid has been depleted. These necessary funds could include tuition, books, housing, and sometimes living expenses. University of Minnesota Duluth does not provide or make private student loans, and the points provided herein should not be seen to be an endorsement of cuStudentLoans.
To study at University of Minnesota Duluth, a student can inquire about financial aid in many different options. The U.S. Education Department offers government student loans through the Direct Student Loans program. Likewise, there may also be private student loans provided by private institutions. Federal and private student loans are often used together with one another to pay for the financial obligations of attending University of Minnesota Duluth.
Remember, it is more desirable to apply for a private student loan AFTER you have explored and depleted all federal aid, grants and scholarship options. We also encourage you to review your rights and responsibilities.