Private Student Loans
cuStudentLoans supplies private student loans to enrollees pursuing degrees at Oakland University. The financial aid officer at Oakland University can help in providing resources related to the types of financial aid available, in addition to private student loans for which you may be suited.kick off your loan application for a private student loan to educate yourself at Oakland University here.
Begin your inquiry for a private student loan here.
Main Program Features
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or or up to Cost of Attendance per year. $120,000 lifetime maximum
- Choose between making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment payment towards the loan while in school
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense, including past due tuition bills
- Quick approval once we receive your completed application
- Cosigner release after just 24 consecutive on-time payments
- Zero Origination Fees for all qualified student borrowers
- Competitive Interest Rates
- 1% Interest Rate Reduction once 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the full repayment period
- 30 Day No-Fee Return Policy allows you to cancel the loan if you find a better option
Eligibility & Credit Requirements
- Borrower must be enrolled in an eligible school and pursuing a degree program
- Borrower must be a member or join a federal credit union during the online application process
- Borrower must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Students are encouraged to apply with a creditworthy cosigner for a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate
Additional Information About Private Loans for Students Attending Oakland University
A private student loan is a loan lent out by a financial institution to help students to pay for their educational expenses after all other financial aid has been exhausted. These expenses could include tuition, books, housing, and living expenses. cuStudentLoans is not being advertised by the points provided here, and Oakland University does not itself supply private student loans.
There are many options for financial aid offered to students wishing to educate themselves at Oakland University. The Direct Student Loans program makes available government student loans via the U.S. Education Department. Likewise, there may also be private student loans presented through private lenders. The expenses of attending Oakland University are on occasion covered through a combination of private and federal student loans.
The private student loan application process should start after all other alternatives for scholarships, grants and federal aid have been researched. Realizing your commitment by looking over documents thoroughly is essential.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
What They're Saying
I feel better about using smaller companies rather than big banks that charge you an arm and a leg. I love knowing that I'm going to pay off my debt sooner!
University of Virgina
They consolidated my loans to a lower monthly payment. The customer service was great. Very quick response time when waiting for approval! I can finally breath! I am still working to pay off my student loans, but I also have enough cash to pay my rent and other bills!
Penn State University
What Will My Monthly Payment Be?
Sign up for our Financial Guidance Newsletter
Find out the latest news about student loans and be alerted to important deadlines.