Magnolia Federal Credit Union cuScholar Private Student Loan
Federal loans not enough to cover the cost of your college education?
The cuScholar Private Student Loan available through Magnolia Federal Credit Union can be the answer to your funding needs.
Main Program Features
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to Cost of Attendance per year for a maximum of $120,000 in undergraduate loans or $160,000 in graduate loans
- Choose between making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment towards the loan while in school.
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense, including past due tuition bills.
- Quick approval once we receive your completed application.
- No Origination Fee for all student borrowers.
- Competitive Interest Rates and with good grades, even lower rates.
- 1% Interest Rate Reduction once 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the full repayment period.
- 30-Day No-Fee Return Policy allows you to cancel the loan within 30 days of disbursement without fees or interest.
- Cosigner Release Available for creditworthy borrowers after 24 consecutive on-time principal + interest payments.
Eligibility & Credit Requirements
- Borrower must be enrolled in an eligible school and pursuing a degree program.
- Borrower must be a member or join Magnolia Federal Credit Union during the online application process.
- Borrower and cosigner must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Students are encouraged to apply with a creditworthy cosigner for a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate.
Private student loans should be used as supplemental funding after exhausting all other sources of financial aid, including grants, scholarships, and federal student loans. Federal loans offer more attractive terms when compared to most other borrowing options, including private student loans. For more information on federal loans, visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
*Assuming a $10,000 loan amount, a 3.14% APR and full payments option, you would make 54 monthly payments of $25.00 when enrolled in school followed by 120 monthly payments of $101.30 to repay this loan. If the APR is 8.78% and the loan amount remains $10,000 you would make 54 payments of $25.00 while you are enrolled in school followed by 120 monthly payments of $167.50 to repay this loan. The APR may be increased after consummation.